Our client a London based mobile technology company that solves some of the most pressing challenges for mobile network operators and handset manufacturers globally.
Their digital products are used and loved by millions of people every month and drive billions of impressions to content producers and advertisers around the world.
They are on a mission to help companies get more from the mobile economy. Their suite of mobile apps empower millions of users to unlock their essential device, and enable mobile carriers, handset manufacturers and app developers to engage, retain and maximise the value of their users.
They have more than tripled in size in the last 12 months and have no intention of slowing down. Investing significantly in existing product suite and taking new and exciting products to market.
You will be joining a team that is responsible for the continued development of the clients Android applications. We are looking for someone who is passionate and creative, who is eager to learn and ensure the clients technologies are best-in-class.
- BSc or MSc in related field or relevant industry experience
- Java and Kotlin for Android
- RxJava and/or Coroutines, Retrofit, Dagger and/or Koin
- MVP/MVVM/MVI(Preferable) architectures
- Android Studio, Gradle
- Understanding of Unit Tests and Automation Tests
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- Integration of RESTful web service APIs
- Version control (Git)
- Understand Material design guidelines without making it an absolute rule
- Practical knowledge of common design and architectural patterns
- Ability to express your ideas clearly and effectively
- Curiosity and drive to understand and solve problems beyond the surface level
- Ability to document requirements and designs
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology and release process
- Ability to adapt communication for technical and non-technical people
Nice to Have
- MVI architecture
- Contributed to apps in Google Play Store (examples welcome)
- Experience with Python, Golang, and server-side software development
- Close familiarity with platform tools for profiling, running, and debugging of Android apps.
- Experience with test-driven development and behaviour driven development
Personality profile. You are:
- Interested in learning and improving your skills
- Team player: you make your team more efficient and enjoyable
- Proactive, look for pragmatic solutions, not winning arguments
- Passionately curious about new trends and approaches
- Independent thinker
- 4 shared libraries (2 of which public) that are used by 10 apps
- State of the art use of technologies including Dagger, RXJava, Coroutines Retrofit and Jetpack
- Majority of codebase in Kotlin
- Buzzing London office with a vibrant culture and well-stocked snack cupboards and drinks fridge
- Regular all-company socials
- Weekly company fitness sessions
- 25 days of holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Full cover private healthcare
- Up to 8% employer pension contribution
- Monthly company hair cuts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Budget for learning resources, courses and conferences
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity. We employ many nationalities and think it's extremely important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Interviews will consist of two phases where we assess both the level of technical ability, as well as the cultural fit with the rest of our company. We pride ourselves on rapid decision making so any code examples you are able to provide prior to, or during, the interview will help us with this.