The Technical Support Engineering role is to work alongside all Service Centre staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate levels of assistance on site at customer locations, whilst working from home or working from our own Head office all within agreed response/resolution SLA metrics. This includes the responsibility of following all procedures related to identification, prioritisation, and resolution of incidents.
The engineer will have knowledge and working experience of Network and hosting Infrastructure troubleshooting and maintenance. The engineer is also responsible for helping with the planning, designing, and analysing the organisation’s service Centre procedures according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will help to develop policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions alongside the Service Desk Manager and other Service Desk agents. The Agent will also be expected to assist with problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
As an onsite technical agent, they will also be expected to assist with the onboarding of customer services and needs, often attending meetings with customer staff to organise the transfer of knowledge with the creation of documentation to support said needs.
- Day to day help with onsite technical assistance that cannot be performed remotely
- Contribute to the development of procedures from a technical standpoint that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned, and corrected.
- Act as the 1st point of escalation for all cases that would require onsite technical knowledge
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures both within the service desk as well as with Customer based Users
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on trends in cases, utilising approval-based change procedures
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Assist development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
- Assist the development, implementation and administration of service Centre staff training procedures and policies around newly introduced software and hardware.
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure Service Centre software for internal staff for training purposes and to facilitate the progression of cases
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies; assist installation and resolve adaptation issues.
- Assist in the physical deployment of hardware to end users whilst maintaining a detail inventory of all hardware location/users/uses.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Preferred certifications Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (Windows Server 2003) Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security (Windows Server 2003) Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Messaging (Windows Server 2003) Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (Windows Server 2003) Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security (Windows Server 2003) Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Messaging (Windows Server 2003) Other Microsoft Certified Profession (MCP NT4) Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Hands on experience with Java, HTML, Java script, Computing, C++, Distributed systems, Visual C and Visual Basic.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive application support experience with SaaS-based applications such as O365, D365, Five9, LogicMonitor would be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including Desktop, Laptops, Servers, Networking and security vendors.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Win10 & MacOS.
- Knowledge and practical experience of monitoring/altering Network systems
- Passion for Service Centre Operation and Service Excellence.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to conduct research into root-cause issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability as required.
- Travel to and from Customer sites as required by our contractual needs.
- Sitting/standing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Detailed knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Working from home when deemed appropriate.
- Full UK Driving License.